21 January 2007

I'll Ask the Boss

The Pope dies and comes to the gates of heaven. Peter greets him and asks his name. "I'm the Pope" - "Pope ... eh... Pope" murmurs Peter. "I'm sorry, I have no one by this name in my book." - "But ... I'm God's representative on earth." - "God has a representative on earth?" says Peter befuddled. "Well, he told me nothing of it ..." The Pope began to get a bit crabby. "I'm the head of the Catholic Church!" - "Catholic Church ... never heard of it," Peter says. "But wait a sec, I'll ask the boss." So Peter goes upstairs to the main floor of heaven and into God's quarters. "Hey there's someone here who says he's your representative on earth. His name is Pope. What should I say to him?" - "Nope," says God, "I don't know him, don't know anything of it. But wait a sec, I'll ask Jesus. Jeeeesus!" Jesus comes running. "Yes Father, what is it?" God and Peter explain to him the situation. "Wait a tick," says Jesus "I'll go have a look. Be back in two shakes." Ten minutes later he comes back, laughing himself to tears. "I don't get it," God says.

"Do you remember that small fishing club I founded about 2000 years ago? Well, it's still going on."


Thanks: http://www.oleoleole.de/blogg/?p=909

2 comments:

The journey said...

this brought a smile to my face and a little chuckle...of course the punch line was great....but Jesus said he'd be back in two shakes.

laurie.nicole said...

yes...i thought that was funny too suzanne! like something billy and nick would say!