29 November 2006

Friends are a gift

I've decided that since many of the previous entries on this page are abstract and/or very technical that I would go ahead and just land back on planet earth and say a few things about a good friend of mine. You know, sing his praises a bit. Talk about what a nice guy he is and all that and express my love for him to sort of heighten the world's awareness of what a stellar opportunity we have to be graced by his presence. I'd just like to take a moment in time and stop, let my mouth speak out of the abundance of my heart and tell you that I have a friend, and while he may not be close to me nor I close to him, he remains a friend nevertheless and no ocean in the world, no matter how ample, is a boundary too great for us. He's a brilliant guy who is in a tough place right now, and I wish I could come to his assistance. In the end though, he will make it through. We all know that. He's a living example of Nietzsche's dictum "What does not kill us make us stronger." He has made it through worse and will continue to press on. Hang in there man. We love you. Oh, here's his blog while we're at it, in case you are not yet acquanted with our man. I urge you to visit.

1 comment:

bill said...

what is this sentimental crap...thanks man...you rock my pants off (as if I were a band of groupies following around Mick Jagger). I can't wait till you get home.